Before investing in real estate or starting a renovation project, you should hire a Sydney dilapidation surveyExpert Building Inspections. Find out if a structure is worth lifting out of dilapidation or will lead to you flushing money down the drain.
Rather than waste time, money, and energy save yourself the trouble and carry out a dilapidation survey.
What is a dilapidation survey Sydney offers?
This is an inspection of a property’s condition at a given point in time. Any existing damage and the state of particular aspects are recorded and included in a report.
The survey is likely done on a property that may be affected by demolition, excavation, and construction work.
But older homes and buildings are not the only ones in need of a dilapidation survey. So do brand new homes, commercial/retail/industrial properties, bridges, road, railways, pavements, airports, and other man-made structures.
What will a dilapidation survey in Sydney reveal?
Apart from the condition of a property and some of its aspects, it will also:
- Serve as a baseline of a property’s condition prior to any work done. In the event of damage, the report will provide an accurate “before” and “after” comparison.
- Offer details of potential problems during property development. This will enable you to set preventative measures in place.
- Help gauge the condition of the land that will be developed. Can you maximise profit given the cost of development?
- Serve as compliance of building permits and protection works notices. In Victoria, for example, there are legislations in place that serve to protect properties next to developments, such as the Victorian Building Act Part 7 – Protection of Adjoining Property.
If you want to ensure a profitable project, do not skip on Sydney dilapidation survey.
When do you need a dilapidation survey?
This is usually carried out before any work is started but is also done close to the end of a construction or demExpert Building Inspectionsolition work.
Once the project is completed, follow up dilapidation building inspections are also done.
The reports collected will prove vital in the event that claims for damages have been submitted. As previously mentioned, a survey’s report will serve as a baseline for comparison.
An adjoining property that is affected by a construction or demolition work can use the pre-work dilapidation survey report to submit a claim for damages. The vibratory action of heavy equipment, for example, can cause gaps and cracks to appear or soil erosion or slippage.
Who needs a Sydney dilapidation survey?
- Property owners close to a development and those who need to make a cost-profit estimate prior to sale or renovation work.
- Builders, construction companies, demolition companies, earthworks, excavators, and government departments in compliance with a good business practice and to minimise project risks.
- Developers in need to protect themselves from exaggerated or false claims of damage made by owners of adjoining or nearby properties.
Based on the information above, it is safe to say that a dilapidation survey protects several parties involved—those who may be affected by the construction work and those who carried out the work.
What are the benefits of a dilapidation survey?
- Reveals well in advance any problematic construction plans.
- Uncovers existing land and structural damage.
- Keeps you out of trouble should a legal dispute arise.
For the best dilapidation survey Sydney offers, contact Expert Building Inspections today.